BISSELL strives to maintain transparent data privacy practices. Regardless of where you live, we give you choices on how your personal information is collected and used.
- Cookies, Trackers, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website - when visited by a user - asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and called first-party cookies. We also use third-party cookies - which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting - for our advertising and marketing efforts.
You can configure your browser to block some or all cookies used by this website. We respect Do Not Track and Global Privacy Control signals sent by your browser.
To view or manage your preferences with regard to Cookies, Trackers, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies, click here.
- Unsubscribe from Marketing Communications
You can opt-out of BISSELL notifications at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of each message, by visiting “my profile” on the Services, or by contacting us as described at the end of this document.
There are limitations in what we can stop or eliminate. You cannot opt-out of communications for things like account verification, purchase and billing, confirmations and reminders, changes and updates to features of the Services, or technical or security notices.
- Marketing Text Messages (SMS)
You may elect to receive text messages from us. When you sign-up to receive text messages, we will send you information about promotional offers and more. These messages may use information automatically collected based on your actions while using our Services and may prompt messaging such as cart abandon messages. When you choose to have text messages sent directly to your mobile phone, we receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number, or when you read a text message. You may opt out of receiving text messages at any time by texting “STOP” to our text messages.
- How can I exercise my Individual Rights?
To exercise your individual rights (including access, deletion, appeal, opt-out, and portability), navigate to our individual rights web portal by clicking here.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request twice within a 12-month period. A verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. For example:
- If you provide an email address for verification, we will send a verification email to the address you provided for confirmation;
- If you provide only a phone number for verification, we may call the number provided and ask you to confirm additional data that we have on file for verification.
- If you provide only a mailing address, we may send you a letter at the address you provided providing information on how to contact our response team for verification.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We will respond to your request within the legally required timeframe once we've validated your request. If we require additional time, you will be notified of the reason and extension period.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Also, we will not discriminate against you for exercising your individual rights. Unless otherwise permitted by regulation, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.